Saturday, February 16, 2013

Day 4 in the Carribean... SAD!


WARNING: Before reading this last part of Cartagena in four episodes I urge you to read this first: http://des-ti-nations.blogspot.com/p/about-avowal.html ... for a better understanding!!!

My guide today is SAD... Or how a syndrome can almost kill the strongest friendship. 03.30 am ... after hardly one hour of sleep I call my surgeon in Belgium. The verdict is clear... Need an artificial intervertebral disk being implanted between C3 and C4 because of a permanent inflammation that causes the pain in my neck. Can't sleep anymore... Trying again to dl the music for Ana's dance later that day but all attempts fail. My whole body is hurting, my toe seems infected but I have a goal. I organized a meeting on the Wall with my two guides but it seems the Wall is long and it takes time to find each other. On the backside of the Museum of Modern Art we finally meet and I offer, what is probably, my last public dance before the surgery to Ana for her B'Day. The quality of the music coming out of our phones is poor and I end dancing even without music in what is not my best performance ever but seeing the circumstances . . . On my way back to the hotel I loose all my sense of orientation and it takes me almost an hour to get there completely dried out . I still don't realize the full impact of the SAD attack. Lunch at El Balcon... The fish is exceptional and we stroll into town to visit the Teatro Heredia:
 http://www.cartagenadeindias.travel/guia_rapida_info_plus.php?la=es&id_directorio=297
I always find rest in a theater... It's my natural biotope. This one is extremely beautiful... A bit of Venetian style but with open galleries only separated from the audience seats by an open wooden decorative panel. It gives the whole theater a wide and open feeling. The firewall between the stage and the audience is decorated by Enrique Grau! I would love to see a performance in this teatro. The guide is friendly and i can ask all possible questions during this private visit. The conditions wherein this theater has to operate and the narrow staffing should bring a lot of theaters in Europe and all over the world to think about their management. I am in complete admiration!
Read warning at the beginning of this text!
I will not go into details but when sitting in the restaurant for dinner my brains explode and ready to blow up everything and everyone around me I quit the place and I run like a fool into a dark night without any destination leaving my two friends behind...astonished. The thought on separation won the game again. My nerves are tensed to death, I can't think normally. I want to run far away from everyone and the most crazy scenario's are crossing my mind. A growing up man running in the dark streets of a city he hardly knows, crying because he can't face an announced separation. Once the initial face is over the plan making starts. Fortunately my two companions didn't agree to much with those plans what resulted in a though confrontation in the hotel lounge later that night. Back in my room i face the remaining of a catastrophy. It's like recovering from a bad dream. But the harm is done. How can I face Ana and Carolina tomorrow? I'm deadly exhausted... Can't sleep....preparing my suitcases for early departure the next morning to the Carnival of Baranquilla! Maybe masks will cure my grief. This ends the 4 day stay in Cartagena de Indias.

1 comment:

  1. Leave yesterday behind my dear, SAD visited but has gone. Enjoy as much as you can the people you love, enjoy them the rest of your trip. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Please post your comments here... so all visitors can read them!