Monday, February 18, 2013

Week 3 Part 2 Recovering at the Rada's ... The most friendly and happy family in the world.


Santa Marta.... Two exhausted travelers are ringing the bell at the Rada's, mum and dad and sisters and brother of the one and only Angelica! Two minutes later we have a room, a shower, a wifi connection and fresh jugo sitting in the spacious seats of a great house full of life, with a recognizable laugh, dogs, cats and a parrot. Hardly one hour later we are heading for dinner in another part of the town and having a free night tour of the city. I' m already half recovered from the past days, at least physically. The mental part will take more time but the following days the Rada family did their best to also soften that part. If someone needs a mental boost I know an address! 5 days at the Rada's in Santa Marta guarantees that you can lick your wounds properly and have some energy to continue for a while. Exploring the city, visiting unexpected beaches in the region, walks, wakeup's with fresh jugo and real black coffee while watching techno daddy busy busy busy. Lunches at home or in town and discovering new fish species. Diners at the same speed! Language problems..?! Poor Caroline has to translate at a salsa rhythm! But at the end Carlos and me have found a way of communicating that is probably unique in the world and makes us laugh to tears. In between my writing sessions, abruptly stopped by the master himself when he thinks that all this typing is insane I get sunburned like a tomato on one of those hidden pearls... places where you can't even imagine a beach. In between we talk about music, dance, arts! I tell you... you can get addicted to this! We cross the city to see the perfect sunset. We end the night on a terrace with a special view. We must have known each other in a previous life. GRACIAS la familia Rada! We own you a lot! Even waking up this morning at 6 was not really a problem... We could find our way back to Bogota easily. Carlos brings us to the bus station as if we are his own kids. Then a perfect ride by relaxing bus to Barranquilla and an even more relaxing flight to the capital. Carolina gives me last instructions to survive one afternoon at the airport and leaves for her mum's birthday... we where almost three weeks together and I gave her regularly a hard time :-( her and Ana.... I write this from the airport waiting for my flight to Cali. I'm alone now, completely on my own, fighting the tears against SAD. Fortunately I got nice mails from Pato and Angela Salinas. Probably I'm ready for Cali... We will see.

1 comment:

  1. Ok, now I understand from where Angie has such a happy, kind and warm smile! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please post your comments here... so all visitors can read them!