Sunday, February 24, 2013

Cali... The sequel


Chontaduro...

The surprise of the day should have been the chontaduro but as most of foreigners it's not my cup of tea. Even with honey it tastes like dried cotton to me but I have to confess that Andres could keep the tension and attention till the end. After offering me a great lunch named after the Faralones National Park I was ready for the chontaduro but fortunately the coffee was good and strong.
Andres I own you one.
For two days I was trying to find out about the  Tertulia Museum of Modern Art. Now the moment was there! Imagine my disappointment when at the front door I discover the museum is closed for REORGANIZATION of the collection. This time a special permission will not be delivered so I head for the Biblioteca Departamental del Valle where I first visit the:
Museo Departamental de Ciencias Naturales
I should mention that a very friendly police officer has put me first in a taxi telling the driver he should not ask more than 4000 pesos.
I suspected Paloma to start my conversion to biologist after visiting the museo. It looked all very interesting and despite the language problem I could understand a lot as far it became not to scientific.
The Biblioteca Departamental has a perfect wifi connection so I manage to send and receive messages and chat in what's up. The moment is there... Paloma picks me up in her brother's taxi and despite super traffic jams we manage to reach the airport in time. As I said before... the trip to Cali was too short but thanks to Paloma, Andres, Daniel, Carlos, it was worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post your comments here... so all visitors can read them!